Friday, August 1, 2008

Oh, Wow - Its been a while

Well, the couple of weeks after vacation I yo-yoed a bit,
but stayed the course. Week before last I got a call in
the middle of the week from my weight loss counselor.
It seems she had been talking to a doctor and in general
terms, without violating any of my rights, discussed my
plateau and the trouble I am having with getting over it.
He suggested she help me add back whole grains. He
believed it would be what my metabolism needed to
jump start again. So, I went in for "the whole grains
talk" and cautiously added a few last week. WELL, I
think it might be working. I lost 3.4 pounds. Now, the
real proof will come in a couple more weeks if I can
continue to loose. In the meanwhile, however, I am
enjoying Whole Wheat English Muffins with Walden
Farms Peanut spread (a peanut butter substitute) with
banana a couple times a week, and I have fallen in love
with whole grain Melba toast. I love the crunch, and
only 60 calories per serving. This week I tried a Subway
Veggie Delight on Whole Wheat - it was delicious!
Anyway - we will see if the grains thing is indeed what
my body needed and I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Carolyn Brooks said...

Great job, Deb! You finally got your crunchy thing. Even better if you can crunch and still lose weight. Way to go!