Monday, August 13, 2007

Down -1.4 this week

They say, "Slow and steady wins the race", well I guess
by the time I reach my goal weight I might be the
expert of slow and steady. However, down is down
and not up, so there is a silver lining.
News-- I joined a gym last Wednesday. A friend of mine
took me with her to visit Curves and I signed up. I
actually got in three workouts last week, and worked
out this morning at 5:30. They recommend 3 days a
week, but I know people who are going everyday. I
will go as often as I can - NOT always at 5:30a.m
however. I really like their hours though. They are
open 6 days a week, at 5:30 a.m. on the weekdays,
open until 8 p.m., and until noon on Saturdays. I
shouldn't have any trouble getting in at least 4 work
outs per week. The days I can't make it to the gym,
I will continue to "walk away the pounds" at home.
I am also hoping that when school starts back and
the weather cools a bit, some of my old walking
buddies will want to get together again and put
in a few laps. I really feel that in order for me to
regain momentum with my weight loss exercise
will be the key. Thanks for all your support!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I did Curves here for a while. You really get a workout, but it doesn't kill you! You are doing great, Deb, I am proud of you!